Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

I need to go to bed. I wanted to inform you, sweet reader, of the fact that I got all of my school uniform stuff today (details of horrifying fabrics/cuts to follow) and also a pair of school shoes, which I got with anne. Ehhhhh. Aylin took me to the school uniform store to get everything. Aylin and her husband Korhan are the family I'm moving in with next, starting Sunday. They are very nice. We went straight from the really beautiful, modern office of the Ankara Rotary Club president, where a bunch of the wives/female members were having a group birthday party. They had an amazing cake, covered in sugar orchids and flowers and insects. It was vanilla with tropical fruit and cream. Yum.

Tomorrow, I am going to a weekend orientation (a little late) for me and all of the other inbound Rotary Youth Exchange kids. Their visas didn't process as smoothly as mine, so they're all just arriving, as I understand it. It's at a hotel. Hopefully it will be very fun!

I have my first day of school on Monday! I will meet my class (kids in Turkey don't switch classes until college) and my teachers. I am excited and scared.

I had a very fun farewell game of Okey with Nesren and Gulia, our neighbors. They were very sweet. Nesren gave me a really nice pair of earrings and Gulia gave me a really great necklace she had made! It was so sad saying goodbye to everyone. I'm not ready to leave anne and baba, I think!

I need to go finish packing up!

Love,

Natalya

2 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie,

    Grandpa and I are enjoying traveling with you. Your writing makes us feel like we are there. I'm sure you'll be fine at your next home. Good luck at school! Love you!!

    Grandma Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, I know you'll love Aylin's family--she already says how "lovely" you are in her email to me! love, xoxomom
    You'll be happy to meet your classmates too!

    ReplyDelete